The latest edition of this popular family history magazine is out today, and features my usual single-page review roundup as well as a four-page tutorial on GEDCOM files, which is featured on the magazine’s cover. For more details and to order, please click here.
Welcome to nickpeers.com
I am a freelance writer, editor and sub with over 20 years experience. My work has been published in over 50 outlets worldwide, covering print, digital, online and corporate media.
I spent eight years learning my trade at Future Publishing, and have been freelancing since January 2003. This site provides a chronicle of my past and present work.
1&1 Internet: regular blog posts.
Apple Bookazines: regular tutorial writer.
Blues News: regular contributor to Birmingham City's official match-day programme.
iPad User: regular tutorial writer.
LifeHacker UK: contributor.
MacFormat: semi-regular tutorial and reviews contributor.
Softwarecrew.com: writer of news, quick tips, software download reviews and occasional tips features.
Windows 7 Help & Advice: regular Q&A, tutorial and features writer.
Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine: occasional projects, short features and software reviews/roundups,
Your Family Tree: software and websites reviews, occasional projects, news and short features.
- Create a Company Page on LinkedIn October 30, 2014
- The Benefits of Adding a Wiki to Your Website October 29, 2014
- Online Forums Provide a Way for Customers to Interact October 27, 2014
- Maintain Your Mailing List for Effective Email Marketing October 24, 2014
- Travel and Tourism Websites Can Benefit from these 7 Great Web Apps October 23, 2014
- WinZip 19 launches with unified file management, increased protection and improved sharing October 28, 2014
- Feedly for iOS and Android 24 debuts access to shared collections, new optimised look for iPhone 6 October 27, 2014
- Pixelmator for iPad 1.0 launched, offers Photoshop-style editing on your tablet October 24, 2014
- Buffer 4.0 for iPad and iPhone released, becomes universal app October 23, 2014
- EaseUS To Do Backup 7.5 adds option for mounting system images to allow browsing and restoration of individual files October 22, 2014